Sunday, July 13, 2014

My Life as a Zombie, (I mean divorced mom, but it feels the same)!

I'm really looking forward to the new season of "The Walking Dead".  I have always enjoyed the show before, but ever since my separation, I feel that I can really relate to a group of zombies that everyone runs or tries to hide from. Since this all started married friends have run from me as if I was a member of the living dead. The perfect piece of evidence that I have become a zombie: my husband (that I spent 30 years with) doesn't seem to recognize me anymore and whenever we meet he looks right through me as if I wasn't there.

What happened to the good old days when friends tried to fix you up on blind dates? It may not always have worked out for the best but at least it gave you good material for stories and got you out of the house. Working for my husband meant that I wasn't meeting anyone at work and now that I have been forced into the world of online dating I am still alone and at home. Are all the dating sites filled with other zombies? Are we all just mere shells of our former selves? Trying desperately to connect online in hopes of being rescued and meeting someone capable of jump starting our hearts in the hope of becoming human again.

Maybe I have always been a zombie, maybe that's why he could never see the real me. And maybe, just maybe, even zombies can be taught to live and love again. Here's to hoping!



 My Cheap Fashion Fix


A Golden Brown Linen Wrap Skirt

Lauren By Ralph Lauren

Listed on Ebay for $147.99

From DAV Disabled American Veteran's Thrift Store

$4.95

YAY!







No comments:

Post a Comment