Thursday, March 31, 2016

I Hope The Spring Comes Soon, It's Time For A Change!

There hasn't been any forward motion in this divorce in so long and I think I know why. My soon-to-be almost ex hasn't finished his side of all this mountainous paperwork, and then I finally receive a phone call...from him.

I still cringe at the sound of his voice but this time the message was pretty positive. Let's decide on a separation date, this strikes me as funny because I still remember the day he left, why didn't he? I think maybe he finally realized after filling out all of the questions needed to change this date, that it wasn't worth the trouble. Or maybe he never filled it out, either way it has cost more money and time due to his even thinking about changing a real date into a fictitious one. It seems so odd for a man who was always so tight with a dollar is spending all of this money, trying to save money!

Deciding to do something I did have control over (as so much of this process is totally beyond my control) I finally reached out to an old friend someone I haven't seen in as many years as our age when we were friends. I didn't reach out because I figured she was enjoying happy married life. I was wrong about that, she has been divorced for awhile but it has not changed her at all. She is still the vivacious funny girl I remembered. 

If she was able to remain the same happy person she was before her divorce maybe I can too! Time moves so quickly, here we were living such similar lives without being aware of it. I learned that it is important to keep in touch with old friends no matter how busy our lives become!

No comments:

Post a Comment