Wednesday, April 1, 2015

It's That Time of Year!

For the first time in my life (since the 80's anyway) I am doing my taxes on my own. While I really don't enjoy doing paperwork of any kind (who does) this year is quite enjoyable since I am not being ragged on by anyone but me. The best news I found out so far is that I don't have to pay taxes on child support, yipee! You have to look for the little enjoyments in life when you are going through a divorce.

Of course it is not without any flareups from my still hopefully soon-to-be-ex. The other night I received the nastiest email I think I have ever received in my life. I should have expected it, money was always the most important thing to him and he doesn't think that after 24 years of marriage that I should have any. Maybe he received the report from the vocational counselor that told him that after so many years off of the job market that it was true I was unemployable.

Whatever the reason, I let him know that none of this was my choice. I am just trying to bide my time until all of the paperwork is finished and we can pretend we never knew each other. (yes that's sad too, after so many years of marriage he doesn't want to be friends !)

Of well to cheer myself up I go shopping and here is the link to my latest therapeutic purchase.

It's cheaper that therapy and I get to go home with something I really like!

http://mycheapfashionfix.blogspot.com/2015/03/double-take-consignment-boutique.html




No comments:

Post a Comment