Thursday, December 25, 2014

Ghosts of Christmas Past!

Wrapping presents for Christmas morning I thought about all of the Christmases we have spent in this house. Next year will probably be the last one spent in this house, my home for the longest period of my life and all of my children's life. The only home they have ever known.

This year is no different from any other Christmas when the kids were small. I always shopped alone for all the presents and always wrapped them by myself, alone, trying so hard to make the perfect Christmas for my family.

Looking back I feel really bad that I raised my kids with such a controlling father. Even when they were very small, they were never allowed to run to the tree, to express their joy openly and freely as children should be allowed to do. Their dad had to videotape their entrance no matter how many times it took for him to get the shot he was looking for.

I really hope for their sake they can take and remember the good parts of their Christmases growing up and maybe even use a part for their own holiday traditions as they build new families of their own and maybe if I am lucky they will allow me to be part of the fun too!


No Cheap Fashion Fix for today, but my newest article for Divorcedmoms.com; my Christmas gift: Favorite romantic holiday scenes just in time! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!  
http://divorcedmoms.com/articles/my-10-favorite-romantic-holiday-movie-scenes 

No comments:

Post a Comment